No products in the cart.
This Slouchy Knit Hat is a perfect accessory for your wardrobe, or it can become a cherished gift for someone special.
- Small / Medum:
21.0” – 22.0” head circumference, 10.0” height;
23.0” – 24.0” head circumference, 11.0” height;
Patons Shetland Chunky (75% Acrylic, 25% Wool 3.5oz/100g;
148yd/136m) Bulky weight. (78042 Charcoal) – approx. 1 ball;
- US size 8 /5 mm, 16 in / 40.5 cm long Circular Needle;
- US size 11 /8 mm, 16 in / 40.5 cm long Circular Needle;
- US size 11 / 8 mm Double Pointed Knitting Needles; OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE.
- Matching thread and needle.
- Yarn needle.
12 sts and 18 rows to 4”/10 cm over St st using size 11 (8.00 mm) needles. TAKE TIME TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Instructions are written for the smallest size with changes for larger sizes given in parentheses. When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes.
- For ease in working, circle all numbers pertaining to size that you’re making.
- To avoid mistake(s), count stitches in each round when finished.
- The hat is worked in rounds from bottom to top. Begin working with circular needle, then change to dpns when necessary.
With US size 8 /5 mm, 16 in / 40.5 cm long Circular Needle, loosely cast on 72 (80) sts. Join, being careful not to twist sts. Place marker for beg of rnd.
Rnd 1: * K2, p2; repeat from * around – 72 (80) sts. Repeat Rnd 1 for 2.0”/ 5 cm.
Change to US size 11 / 8 mm, 16 in / 40.5 cm long Circular needle.
Next Rnd: Knit – 72 (80) sts.
Work in Stockinette stitch (knit all rounds) until hat measures approx 8.0 (9.0) inches / 20 (23) cm from beg.
Next (Dec) Rnd: * K6, k2tog; rep from * around – 63 (70) sts.
Next (Dec) Rnd: * K5, k2tog; rep from * around – 54 (60) sts.
Next (Dec) Rnd: * K4, k2tog; rep from * around – 45 (50) sts.
Next (Dec) Rnd: * K3, k2tog; rep from * around – 36 (40) sts.
Next (Dec) Rnd: * K2, k2tog; rep from * around – 27 (30) sts.
Next (Dec) Rnd: * K1, k2tog; rep from * around – 18 (20) sts.
Next (Dec) Rnd: (K2tog) around – 9 (10) sts.
Cut yarn, leaving a long yarn tail. Thread tail through remaining sts. Then gather tightly together and secure. Weave in all yarn ends to wrong side of work. Sew button to Hat.
approx – approximately; beg – beginning; dec- decrease(ing); dpn – double-pointed needle(s); k – knit; k2tog – knit two stitches together; lp(s) – loop(s); oz – ounce(s); p – purl; rem – remain/remaining; rep – repeat(s); Rnd(s)- round(s); RS – right side; sl – slip; st(s) – stitch(es); St st – Stockinette stitch; tog – together; WS – wrong side; () – work instructions between parentheses, in the place directed; * – repeat instructions following the single asterisk as directed; ” – inch(es);
You may get the PDF pattern here
© Alena’s Design patterns are protected by copyright. You may not rewrite, photocopy, redistribute, or sell the patterns in any form. You have my permission to sell the finished product if you will credit me for the pattern with a link to my site: https://www.alenasdesign.com/ when listing or selling the items made from patterns. If you need any help with my patterns, you may contact me: www.alenasdesign.com/contact-us