Madeline Rib Hat Knitting Pattern 268
This Madeline Rib Hat is suitable for all boys, girls, men and women. You can wear this hat as a beanie, or with a pointed crown. It will depend on how much you fold the brim. The hat is worked in rounds from bottom to top and is totally reversible.
Includes knitting pattern for the Madeline Rib Hat in five sizes:
• Baby, Toddler, Child/Small Adult, Medium Adult, Large Adult
• To Fit Head Circumference: 16 (18, 20, 22, 24)“ / 41 (46, 51, 56, 61) cm
• Hat Length: 8¾ (9¼, 11, 12½, 13)”/ [22 (23.5, 28, 32, 33) cm] unfolded)
* Materials Needed:
Cascade 128 Superwash® (100% Merino Wool; 3.5 oz/ 100g; 128yds/117m);
or Berroco Ultra® Alpaca Chunky (50% Alpaca, 50% Wool; 3.5oz /100g; 131yds/120 m)
Bulky weight – approx. 80 (95, 120, 145, 160) yds;
• US 10½ / 6.50 mm Circular Needle 16 in / 40.5 cm long
• US 10½ / 6.50 mm Double Pointed Needles, OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE.
• Five stitch markers (one in one color to mark beg of rnd, and four in a different color to mark dec of crown).
• Yarn needle.
Skill level: Easy
All my patterns include required skill levels, sizes, materials, gauges, finished measurements, stitch abbreviations, stitch counts and pictures.
• 21 sts and 22 rows to 4”/10 cm over 1×1 Rib Pat, blocked and unstretched.
• 13 sts and 20 rows to 4”/10 cm over Stockinette Stitch, blocked.
The red hat shown in Noro Iro (75% Wool, 25% Silk 3.5 oz/ 100g; 132yds/120m). For 22” head circumference (size Medium Adult), I used the instructions that is one size down (Child/Small Adult). Yarn length is the same, but this yarn is thicker. This is why it is critical to check your gauge before starting to knit.
Your files will be available to download once payment is received. After you place an order, you will see “Order Received” page with Downloads. Click on the file to download it. You will also receive a confirmation email with a download link. Should you have any problem with your order, please contact me.